Professional Confidence & Assertiveness (Women)
Have you ever been told (or felt) you’re too stiff, timid, aggressive, nervous, bossy, emotional, have a boring voice, or lack confidence? Are you afraid to speak up in meetings? Unsure of how to express your ideas with the same confidence you see in others?
The Building Professional Presence training for women training can help you build the confidence to project a stronger, professional image enabling you to achieve your professional goals better.
In a supportive atmosphere, you’ll get honest feedback from your instructors and peers, get enough opportunities to practice key skills to project a professional personality and establish a ‘space’ for yourself in the Team or with your internal and external clients.
Key Learning Points:
- Pinpointing reasons why it can be challenging for women to speak up
- Understanding the impact of your personal appearance
- Identifying your current body language profile: Are you high or low power?
- Learn how body language and verbal behaviors affect your image
- Recognize how small changes can improve your image
- Discover appropriate ways to increase your influence
- Understand how to vary and balance your verbal and body language
- Understanding how to demonstrate confidence and command respect
- The delicate art of saying “no” – and how to push back strategically
- Finding your voice and building an assertive style of your own
- Applying active and reflective listening skills to build assertiveness techniques
- Listening and responding assertively to feedback and criticism
- Knowing how to exude positive energy when needed
- Practicing being “confident” even when you have doubts
- Real-world scenarios and go-to statements to put theory into practice
Participants will receive the following Training collateral:
- A Participant’s Workbook
- Exercise and Activities Sheets
- Training Participation Certificate
This is a program for young professional women who want to influence and maximize their professional presence in their work environment.